Duplicating WordPress pages can be a huge time-saver, especially when you need to create multiple pages with similar content. There are plugins that can do this for you, but they can be buggy and sometimes don’t work as expected. In this article, I’ll show you how to duplicate WordPress pages without a plugin, so you can have more control over the process. I’ll cover the WordPress editor, Gutenberg and how to duplicate pages in Elementor page editor.
1. Duplicate a page in WordPress editor
Here are the steps involved for duplicating a page using the WordPress editor:
- Go to your WordPress dashboard and click on Posts or Pages.
- Click on the page you want to duplicate and open it in the editor
- In the top right corner of the editor, click on the three dots
- Select Copy all blocks option. All blocks will be copied.
- Create a new page and paste the blocks you copied from step 4 by right-clicking and choosing Paste or using ctrl + v (PC) or cmd + v (Mac).
- You can now edit the new page as you want.
2. Duplicate a page in Elementor
First thing in Elementor that you have to do is to save the page you want to duplicate as a template. This will help you in the future if you want to use the same page content on multiple pages.
To save your page as a template:
- Click the “Edit with Elementor” button
- Go to the bottom left of your screen and click the arrow next to the Update button.
- The Save Options will open. Click Save as a Template option by giving it a name.
Duplicate the page content:
- Create a new page and select “Edit with Elementor” button
- Select the Folder icon on the page editor
- Go to My Templates tab and click the Insert option on a page template you want. This will add the template content to your new page.
The second way to duplicate a page content using Elementor is more straight forward. All you have to do after you open the page, you want to duplicate, with Elementor is to right click in the dotted rectangle with the 2 icons. ( at the bottom of the page content ) . Then in the new created page, in the dotted rectangle, right click and select Paste option.
In this article, you learned how to clone pages, either in WordPress editor or in Elementor. This gives you the power to duplicate pages quickly and easily, without having to worry about compatibility issues or plugin dependencies. Next time you need to duplicate a page, don’t reach for the plugin first. Give this manual method a try and see how it works for you. You might be surprised at how easy it is.